The leaves are changing and the sun is setting early. The temperatures are slowly dropping and you need to redo that closet of yours so you are ready for fall!
STEP ONE: Dig out those jeans from last year and try them all on. ONLY choose the ones that fit you! Try and limit yourself to 4-5 pairs and invest in 1-2 new pairs that fit amazing! DO NOT settle for $7 jeans on sale at Forever 21. You want high quality jeans that will last . This will save you more money in the long run and also make you feel much more confident rocking that pair of jeans that fit you like a glove. Try and stick to as following:
1. Dark wash skinnys
2. Light wash skinnys
3. Colored skinnys (maroon or olive green)
4. Distressed boyfriend fit
5. Black highwaisted skinnys
7. Mom jeans (like below!)
STEP TWO: Now dig out those sweaters! It is very easy to become a sweater hoarder! So with that being said, try and only pick 3 from last year. Make sure these have sentimental value to them. The rest of your collection? Check out the selection on Vinted or head on over to the thrift store! They always have the best sweaters! Stick to neutral tones that way you can mix and match your layers!
STEP THREE: Save that favorite pair of highwaisted shorts! You can still wear these in the fall! All you have to do is add a pair of stockings underneath and a pair of booties! So go ahead and invest in a good pair of stockings!
STEP FOUR: JACKETS. There are five basic jackets for the most popular looks right now.
1. The oversized denim jacket. Again, Vinted and thrift stores are the places to look.
2. The green utility jacket . These jackets are adorable for that casual look and very versatile!
3. The long athleisure jacket . This one is perfect to wear over leggings, with sneakers and a T-shirt to make you look chic.
4. The leather jacket. For a more edgy look, you can never go wrong with a leather jacket.
5. The bomber jacket . Silky bomber jackets are hot right now and they are all over the place! You can either buy one new, or go old school at your local thrift shop and snag a printed one from the 80's!
STEP FIVE: BASICS. Tanks, tees, leggings, and sweatshirts. Every girl needs a good supply of basics. These are great for layering in the fall. So, pick 3 of each!
STEP SIX: It's all about the booties! Invest in 2 pairs of booties! One light shade and one dark shade. I like to own a light brown pair and a black pair. But you can choose any color that you want! I've found that owning a dark park and a light pair helps create more outfits and different looks.
STEP SEVEN: Boots! Why just stop at booties? Invest in a nice pair of boots, at least knee height! My favorite pair right now are laced up combat boots that are knee height or even higher!
STEP EIGHT: HAVE FUN! Recreate yourself this fall! For me, my theme this year is going to be minimalist. I am trying to just stick to black and white with small touches of gray, blush pinks, and brown.
Fall is a great time to completely clean out your closet. Try and minimize as much as possible and add all of your old items to Vinted to pay for all of the new things you want to invest in, like that high quality pair of jeans (see step one!) you've had your eyes on! Now, get off your phone and start minimizing and creating!