Welcome to our community forum! We recommend every member reads the following guidelines before making their first contribution. The community forum is a public space where all are welcome to contribute thoughts, ideas, and to support one another, but we do have a few rules. They’re pretty simple, so we’re committed to enforcing these guidelines. Thanks for your help in keeping our forums awesome, fun, and a place where we can all share the love! Now, about those rules...
Nothing kills the vibe like being rude. If you can’t say it politely, it’s better left unsaid. Whether made towards another member, volunteers, or the Vinted team - offensive threads, personal insults, abusive comments, trolling, and hate speech, are not welcome in the community. This also includes posts and messages that are violent, discriminatory, hateful, pornographic, racist, extremist, sexist, or immoral. Be respectful to your fellow Vinties and to the Vinted team, please.
HARASSMENT NOT ALLOWED.
Harassment will not be tolerated. Please view our Harassment Policy in more detail: https://www.vinted.com/forum/vinted-forum-rules/241513-harassment-will-not-be-tolerated.
PERSONAL INFO IS OFF LIMITS.
Our community forum is a public space (like most places on the internet). For your safety, and the safety of others, do not post bank details, telephone numbers, emails, addresses, or other contact details. Images that include this information are not allowed.
KEEP IT CLEAN.
Excessive profanity, obscene comments, and sexually explicit posts are not allowed. Using the appropriate medical or scientific term (instead of slang) is always appreciated when discussing delicate concerns of a personal nature. Posts of a sexual nature with the aim of generating sexual encounters are not allowed.
KEEP THINGS TIDY .
Let’s spend more time talking, and less time cleaning up around here!
Don't SPAM or make duplicate posts. Do not cross-post: duplicate threads across multiple categories.
SEARCH before you post. Jump into an existing discussion instead of asking questions that may have been previously asked & answered.
Always make an effort to post in the most appropriate category for your topic.
If you’re seeking more feedback on your thread, use the “push up” feature (available on the website). When using the app, you can comment on your original thread with "bump" to push that post to the top again.
Keep your comments on topic to the original discussion (otherwise, start a fun thread of your own!). Comments off topic can be deleted by Vinted staff and moderators.
Use the YAY button to support other members ideas.
Don’t feed the trolls! https://www.vinted.com/forum/vinted-forum-rules/87279-trolling-for-trolls Remember - it’s OK to agree to disagree and move on.
ASK A PRO.
Medical or legal opinions given on the forum haven’t been verified. Please keep this in mind when asking for advice in the community. The Vinted team suggests contacting a medical or legal professional directly, if you’re seeking help with medical or legal issues.
SEE A PROBLEM, LET US KNOW!
You can report individual threads, comments, listings, or members to the Vinted team. Use the flag/report option found in the forum on the website (on their post/comment), on a member's profile, or their item listing page. Please see this article in the Help Center: https://www.vinted.com/help/15/293-stopping-harassment. Problem solved!
VOLUNTEERS - here to help!
On the forum, you’ll find volunteer moderators (green badges)! Our volunteer moderators are called Forum Friends. Forum Friends are your fellow Vinties, volunteering their own time to help other members in the forum and help make sure the Community Guidelines & rules are followed. Please be respectful – they’re here to help you!
STRICTLY PROHIBITED (aka: not allowed, ever.)
Violent, discriminating, pornographic, illegal, or otherwise inhuman criminal acts or call for illegal acts. We also prohibit links to this type of content.
- Links for commercial purposes (advertising for non-Vinted sources/websites).
- Listing usernames of other Vinties regarding an issue (or in a negative way) is not allowed. This includes posting screen shots of messages/items/profiles, offering to private message the username to members or otherwise insinuating a username. Keep it positive people! Instead, contact our team directly if you need help with another member by following the instructions under: SEE A PROBLEM, LET US KNOW.
- Posts pertaining to illegal drug use, or encouraging others to use illegal drugs.
- Affiliate links, referral codes, coupons, and offers. (note: members - are - welcome to share information regarding sales or discounts for traditional retail stores, only.)
- Links to, images of, discussions about, or recommendations for other secondhand marketplaces, or comparisons of Vinted to other secondhand marketplaces. We’re here buying, selling, swapping, and talking on Vinted, after all.
- Links to adult sites, warez, or pirated material.
CLASSIFIEDS CATEGORY RULES
In the Classifieds: Sell, Swap & Giveaway categories you can request items, or promote your items listed on Vinted. Please remember that you can’t search for, or sell, the following products:
- Electronic & Electronic Accessories (except those allowed in the Tech Accessories area of the Catalog Rules)
- Items that violate copyright and intellectual property laws
- Medicine, vitamins and pharmaceutical products
- Food products / edible items (unless given away by the Vinted team, for safety purposes)
Giveaways and contests: If an item is prohibited in the Community Guidelines or Catalog Rules, it can not be offered as a prize. Vinties are responsible for all contests that they organize; members have the responsibility to carry it to term and the support team will likely - not - intervene in the case of a problem. Please also be advised that a prize is considered an item "given away" and as such, feedback left for prizes received will be allowed to remain on the contest hosts profile.
KEEP IN MIND
Vinted.com administrators and moderators reserve the right to moderate, or remove (in whole or in part) a post/comment that does not relate to the topic being discussed in the forum, and to organize & move topics that may be miscategorized. The team may prohibit or delete discussions that are thought to violate applicable law, terms & conditions, posts that may be harmful to other members, or posts that violate these Community Guidelines. The Community Guidelines apply to private messaging on Vinted as well.
1. Repeated warnings may result in your account being blocked from the community forum, for 1 day, up to an unlimited period of time.
2. If a member violates the guidelines, the terms & conditions, and/or deliberately ignores warnings, their Vinted membership may be revoked entirely, up to an unlimited period of time.
We do not aim to block members intentionally, though it may be necessary if a member ignores the warnings, has repeat violations, or makes no effort to find a solution to the problem at hand. There are many rules to comply with, but if you’re ever unsure, or have questions about a notice you received - reach out to the Vinted support team for help!