Swapping is simple! If you're looking for items to swap, you'll always want to look for the swap symbol in the item listing. The swap symbol looks like a circle of arrows. If the listing shows the swap symbol, this means the seller is willing to swap (or trade) for that item . Score!
Use the Vinted payment system to Smart Swap with these steps:
- Agree with the other Vintie on the items you want to swap
- Then you'll each click the "Make Offer" button and agree on a value (the same value for each Vintie's item) - this amount will be your insurance (swapsurance!) in case something goes wrong. Be sure to set the price in accordance to the item's value. (Important: If you change the price by editing the item listing, the new price will be displayed to all and your item can be bought instantly by someone else)
- You’ll each click the "BUY" button and purchase the other Vintie's item, so each of you is charged the agreed-upon amount.
- You'll both download your shipping labels by tapping “Get shipping label” in your message thread.
- Once your packages arrive and you both tap “Everything is OK”, you’ll each be credited the same amount in your Vinted wallets, minus the 5% of the order price + $0.70. More info on Vinted fees
Tip: Keep in mind that when you trade using the Smart Swap method, you’re taking advantage of our Swapsurance - and we’ll always have your back!
Good to know
- Wild Swaps: When you choose to swap "outside" of Vinted, or you set the value of your items at $1 in order to get Vinted shipping labels, those are considered "Wild Swaps," and are always at your own risk .
- If you purchase an item for $1 as part of a "Wild Swap" and something goes wrong, we'll only be able to refund the $1 = + shipping you paid on Vinted, and not the item's true value. If you want to be on the safe side, we recommend "Smart Swaps" instead.