Vinted is the world’s biggest second hand style marketplace. 16 million members use our platform every day and Vinted’s Systems Reliability Engineering (SRE) team are the people who develop and make sure our systems are up, perform well and are cost-effective.
We’re looking for a system engineer to join SRE in their work. We are a team of curious individuals who are very goal oriented and like to master the technologies we choose to use. If this sounds like a good fit - you may well be just who we need.
As our new system engineer, you’ll start with:
- Producing SRE quality solutions for our infrastructure
- Drilling down to low-level system implementation details and optimising performance
- Spreading knowledge across the team: sharing your expertise and learning from our SRE crew
- Being in an on-call rotation with your teammates every 5th / 6th week
We are looking for a fast learner - one who’ll get a grasp of our infrastructure, core processes and documentation quickly. Your first task will be to prove yourself ready for an on-call duty in 1 month.
We are a small team in charge of many things in a very fast moving environment. This presents us all with great opportunities to grow as professionals, to take on new responsibilities and to shape the future of Vinted.
- Linux (CentOS 7) - good knowledge
- Chef - working knowledge & willingness to master
- Networking - working knowledge
These are some of the technologies in our stack - bonus for having working knowledge, big bonus for teaching us what we don't know about them: Ruby, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Memcached, Redis, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, JVM, Looker, Hue, Impala, Graphite, Grafana, Sensu, Statsd, Nginx.
If you’re interested, just drop Monika a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch with you.