Vinted is the world’s biggest second-hand fashion marketplace. Currently, ~20 million people in 10 countries use our platform. Vinted’s Product Engineering teams develop new features from start to finish and roll them out to all our members. We now have an opening for a front-end engineer to join our team.
Vinted Product Engineering consists of 5 cross-functional teams. Product teams collaborate with product owners, designers and analysts to solve our members’ problems and move Vinted closer to its vision - making second-hand the first choice worldwide. This presents us all with great opportunities to grow as professionals, take on new responsibilities and shape the future of Vinted (and the world, hopefully, someday).
Vinted frontend engineers are constantly growing individuals who believe in the magic of UX. Our aim is to create the best possible experiences, that’s why we are currently migrating from Backbone.js to React . Have some spells to share?
As our new Frontend Engineer, you’ll
- Implement features and user interfaces for Vinted marketplaces, both customer-facing and internal
- Look for UX improvements and make them happen
- Write elegant, style guide compatible code that is easy to maintain and understand
- Identify areas of opportunity to optimize our platform's performance and scalability
- Become part of a cross-functional team and thrive on feedback, critique, and iteration
- Grow personally and professionally, sharing your knowledge and learning from others
A great candidate for this position is someone who is
- Attentive to details
- Someone who understands the importance of semantics and accessibility
- Fully aware of the best practices in responsive website development
- Experienced in cross-browser compliance issues (we have buried IE9 already)
- Able to receive and give feedback
- Familiar with React, Redux, Jest, Backbone, webpack
- Experienced in working on RoR applications
If this sounds like a good fit - you may well be just who we need. The monthly net salary range for this position is €1300 - €3700. Along with remuneration that matches your skills, we’ve also got some perks:
- Learning budget (10% from gross salary)
- Ability to work remotely up to 40% of the time
- 25 working days of holidays
- We buy all the tech you need to do your job
- Discounts for daily breakfast and lunch at the Vinted Noise restaurant
- Budgets for team buildings
- Inhouse gym
- A budget to shop on Vinted
If you’re interested, contact Monika ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) before December 1st, 2017 and she will guide you through the application process.
Plus, take a look at engineering.vinted.com to see what we’re up to.