The services offered by us via the Website and/or App can function only if we collect, store, transfer, delete and/or otherwise use (“collect and use”) specific data relating to you (“personal data” or “data”).
Certain services on our Platform are offered by third-party suppliers. When you use these services, the data protection regulations that govern third-party suppliers will then apply in addition to this data protection statement. Prior to your use of such services, the third-party suppliers may require you to provide permission under the data protection law.
We collect and use your personal data to allow you to use our Platform, to provide our services and to fulfill a contract (GTC) with you and above all, to carry out commercial transactions via the Platform, to use the electronic payment system or to leave reviews and communicate with other members. To use these services, you need a Vinted account. For this purpose, you must register as a member on the Website or App.
Most of your personal data is required to fulfill a contract (GTC) with you. If you do not provide us with this personal data, we will not be able to enter into and fulfill a contract (GTC) with you. A portion of your data is required to fulfill our legal obligations when you become a member of our Platform. If you do not provide us with this personal data, we will not be able to comply with legal requirements or provide our services.
This data is also used for improvement of the Platform in order to enhance user experience for our members (see 2.2.12).
We collect and use your personal data for these purposes until your Vinted account is deactivated or inactive for five (5) years.
We collect and use your personal data in order to improve your experience when using the Platform by enabling you to personalize your feed and search results, providing you relevant suggestions and by storing your previous searches, sending you notifications and otherwise making the use of Platform more pleasant.
Specific applicable legal grounds for the collection and use of your data is described in each section below.
Vinted strives to ensure that our member accounts and the Platform itself are be secure and protected from cyber-attacks, unauthorized access and other similar risks.
Vinted actively monitors compliance with and enforcement of GTC for the purpose of ensuring the security of your account and that of the Platform.
Most of your personal data is required to fulfill a contract (GTC) with you. If you do not provide us with this personal data, we will not be able to enter into and fulfill a contract (GTC) with you (Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR). Part of your data is required to fulfill our or our payment service providers’ legal obligations when you are a member of our Platform (Art. 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR). If do not provide us with this personal data, we or our payment service providers will not be able to comply with legal requirements nor will we be able to provide our services.
This personal data is also used for improvement of the Platform in order to make it a better experience for our members (see 2.2.12).
Vinted strives to make the shipping of items purchased on the Platform as smooth and convenient as possible by offering shipping methods on the Platform.
Most of your personal data is required to fulfill a contract (GTC) with you. If you do not provide us with this personal data, we will not be able to enter into and fulfill a contract (GTC) with you.
This data is also used for improvement of the Platform in order to make it a better experience for our members (see 2.2.12).
Vinted seeks to involve our members in marketing campaigns that benefit our members. At the same time, we wish to present you with marketing material that is both relevant and engaging.
Vinted transfers or shares personal data with service providers only insofar as necessary and allowed in accordance with applicable laws. Service providers to which your personal data is transferred or with whom it is shared for specific purposes are described under 2 above. In addition, we appoint the following service providers who, as a result, receive personal data as data recipients
We perform ongoing technical maintenance and upgrades to the Platform to protect the security and confidentiality of personal data we process and to perform certain business-related functions that help make our services available and functional. For this reason, we transfer your profile data to service providers who provide cloud and hosting services, IT security, maintenance and technical services, and communications services.
The following service providers are established outside the European Economic Area, which may result in your data being transferred outside the European Economic Area. In these cases, the personal data is protected by the service providers entering into the EU standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission.
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (USA);
- Google LLC (USA);
- Apple Inc. (USA);
- Microsoft Corporation (USA);
- Slack Technologies, Inc. (USA);
- BlackLine Systems, Inc. (USA);
- Chronicle, LLC (USA);
- True Partners Consulting, LLC (USA);
- Arcaris, Inc. (USA);
- Havas Edge, Inc. (USA).
We transfer personal data to attorneys, attorney assistants, notaries, bailiffs, auditors, accountants, bookkeepers, debt collectors, consultants, translation agencies, IT service providers, insurance companies, and archiving services that provide services to Vinted.
Additionally, we share data within the Vinted group. Data processed within the Vinted group is transferred to Vinted, UAB (Lithuania) insofar as necessary for the management of Vinted group.
Vinted is legally obligated to provide personal and/or usage data to investigative, criminal prosecution or supervisory authorities if and to the extent required to prevent risk to the public and for the prosecution of criminal acts.
Vinted may share your data with third parties when transferring rights and obligations pertaining to the contractual relationship between you and Vinted to such third parties in accordance with the GTC (available via the link: https://www.vinted.com/terms_and_conditions), in particular in the event of the transfer of a business sector, a merger by way of the creation of a new company, a merger by way of absorption, a de-merger or any changes in control affecting Vinted. Prior to such an event, Vinted will inform you separately about the details of sharing your data and will obtain your consent whenever legally required.
Subject to conditions, limitations, and exceptions established by statutory data protection provisions, you have the right at any time:
- to be informed of the data we collect and use and to request access or demand a copy of the data concerned (right to access). You can access any data you actively provided us on the Platform (2.1, 2.5 and 2.6) at any time through your Vinted account;
- to demand the correction of inaccurate data and, subject to the nature of the collection and use, the completion of incomplete data (right to rectification). You can also amend any of the data that you have actively provided us on the Platform (2.1, 2.5 and 2.6) at any time through your Vinted account (except sent messages and any forum posts or reviews);
- subject to just cause, to demand the deletion of your data (right to deletion);
- to demand that the collection and use of your data be restricted, provided the legal criteria are met (right to restrict processing);
- subject to the legal criteria being met, to receive the data you have provided in a structured, current and machine-readable form and to transfer this data to another data controller or, when technically feasible, to have it transferred by Vinted (right to data portability);
- not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which results in legal or similarly significant effects on you, unless the legal conditions for such automated decision-making are met;
- to object to the collection and use of data – only where the collection and use is based on a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of a vested official authority (Art. 6 (1)(e) of GDPR) or legitimate interest (Art. 6 (1)(f) of GDPR), including profiling, based on the same data collection and use grounds as explained in other sections of this statement (right to object). You also have the right to object to the collection of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time;
- to revoke permission, you have granted us at any time. Such revocation will not affect the legality of collection and use carried out prior to the revocation and is based on the permission granted. You can revoke your permission to receive our newsletter by changing your Vinted account settings to block the receipt of any further Marketing Emails. Alternatively, you can click "Unsubscribe" at the end of the Marketing Email;
- not to receive discriminatory treatment while exercising your rights.
To exercise any of the rights specified in this section, you can contact Vinted and submit your request using the contact information (7 below). Regardless of any other legal remedy, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities at any time.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal data. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you, depending on the nature of your request, the personal data we collected on you, the categories of sources for the data we have collected on you, our business or commercial purposes for the collection or sharing of that personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we collected on you. As explained above, we may have disclosed personal data to third parties for business or commercial purposes. Thus, you also have the right to know about the personal data that we disclosed about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal data was disclosed.
You have a right to request the deletion of your personal data, collected and maintained by us, if the information is not used in compliance with applicable laws. Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal data from our records, unless applicable laws do not provide for deletion of the data in a particular case (for instance, if retaining the data is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to complete the transaction for which we collected the personal data, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise fulfill our contract with you, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities, comply with a legal obligation, other internal and legal uses of that data that are compatible within the context in which it was provided).
Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person or an authorized representative of a person whose personal data we have collected (first name, last name, your public profile URL, your email, other information we may request for verification purposes), describe your request with sufficient detail, enabling us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it, provide confirmation, subject to penalty, that you are, in fact, the individual whose personal data is the subject of the request. If your request is submitted by an authorized agent, written permission and information verifying the agent’s identity must be enclosed with the request. We cannot provide you with the information or exercise your other right if we cannot verify your identity or your authority to make the request and confirm the information relating to you. In order to verify your identity, we may request you to provide additional information about yourself. We will only use this information and information provided in the request to verify your identity or your authority to make the request.
Of course. You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt-out on your behalf if you provide us with the authorized agent's written permission to do so. In this event, please provide us with a copy of the said permission as instructed under the ‘How Do I Submit a Request?’ section above. We may deny a request from an authorized agent who fails to submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
If you have any questions regarding the collection and use of your data as part of your use of the Platform, or regarding your rights, please contact our data protection officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vinted data protection officer:
Svitrigailos st. 13
Republic of Lithuania
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated information.
Vinted may collect personal information from you in different ways and for different purposes. It is important to note that the types of personal information we collect will depend on your interaction with Us, including the types of products or services you use.
This section contains the categories of personal information that we may have collected in the last 12 months and for each category of personal information, the categories of third parties with whom personal information is shared or sold for a business purpose:
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- From you directly (e.g., when you register as a member on the Platform, if you enter your Google or Facebook log-in details, when you list items on the Platform, when you communicate with other members, and if you send us query, request or complaint)
- Directly and indirectly from your activity on the Platform (e.g., Platform usage information collected automatically)
- From third-parties suppliers that interact with us in connection with the services they provide.
- From our affiliated businesses
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to use the Platform, allow us to provide our services and perform our general terms and conditions ("GTC"). We collect and use your personal data to allow you to use our Platform, to provide our services and to fulfill a contract (GTC) with you and especially to undertake commercial transactions via the Platform, to use the electronic payment system or to leave reviews and communicate with other members.
- To improve your experience when using the Platform. We collect and use your personal information in order to improve your experience when using the Platform by enabling you to personalize your feed and search results, providing you relevant suggestions and keeping your previous searches, sending you notifications and otherwise making the use of the Platform more pleasant.
- To ensure the security of your account and the Platform. Vinted strives to ensure that the accounts of our members and the Platform itself would be secure and protected from cyber-attacks, unauthorized access and other related risks.
- To supervise compliance with and enforce our GTC. Vinted actively supervises compliance with and enforces the GTC for the purpose of ensuring the security of your account and the Platform.
- To enable your payments for items. We collect and use your personal information in order to for example, allow you to make a purchase and add a bank card for payment purposes or to add a bank account for withdrawal purposes.
- To enable shipment of items purchased on the Platform. We collect and use your personal information in order to enable you to ship or receive items.
- To carry out marketing activities or track your parcel. We collect and use your personal information in order to engage in marketing activities such as sending you marketing emails or to enable us to post your content on our social media accounts.
- For legal purposes. We may collect and use your personal information in order to comply with applicable law.
Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may have sold the following categories of personal information about you to third parties in the prior twelve (12) months: Internet or other electronic network activity information such as consumer online activity, for example, browser type, IP address, device ID, advertising identifiers and cookie numbers, to online advertising service and analytics providers.
We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
The CCPA provides California consumers with certain rights regarding their personal information. This Section explains those rights. If you are a California consumer and would like to exercise any of those rights, please see below (How to Submit a Request) below for more information on how to submit a request.
By email at: email@example.com
By mail to: C/o AG Accounting 735 Geary St. #303 San Francisco, CA 94109