Unless stated otherwise, the cookies we use are necessary for the functionality and performance of the Platform. This includes cookies that enable you to register for the protected areas of our Platform, to buy an item or to use the electronic payment system. Some cookies are deleted from your device after the end of your browser session (session cookies). The information saved in the necessary cookies will be used by us solely to provide the services and functions requested.
- Make our Platform work as you would expect.
- Improve the speed/security of the Platform.
- Recognize you when you revisit our Platform. This helps us to personalize our content for you and note your preferences ( “functional cookies”).
- Recognize how many visitors visit our Platform and how they behave when they are here. This helps us improve the functionality of our Platform, e.g., by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for (“analytical/performance cookies”).
- Capture your visit to our Platform and which pages you visit, and which links you click on. We use this information to better tailor our Platform and the advertising we show you to your interests. If you give us your permission to send you marketing emails, we also use this information to send you personalized marketing emails (“targeting or advertising cookies”).
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook or Instagram (“social plug-in content-sharing and tracking cookies” usually falling under the category of targeting cookies).
- Store and/or access information on a device. We store cookies, device identifiers, or other information on your device for the purposes presented to you.
- Personalize ads and content, measure ads and content performance, and provide audience insights for product development. We use this data to build or improve user experience, systems, and software. For example, ads can be shown to you based on the content you’re viewing, the app you’re using, your approximate location, or your device type. A profile can be built about you and your interests to show you personalized ads and content that are relevant to you. Personalized ads and content can be shown to you based on a profile about you. The performance and effectiveness of ads and content that you see or interact with can be measured. Market research can be used to learn more about the audiences who visit sites/apps and view ads. Your data can be used to improve existing systems and software and to develop new products.
- Use precise geolocation data. We use your geolocation data for one or more purposes.
- Actively scan your device characteristics for identification.
- Ensure security, prevent fraud, and debug our systems to ensure our systems and processes work properly and securely.
- Technically deliver ads or content to allow you to see and interact with ads and content.
- Match and combine offline data sources.
- Link different devices as belonging to you or your household.
- Receive and use information that is automatically sent from your device, such as IP address or browser type, to distinguish your device from other devices.
The information we may collect through cookies includes information such as unique identification tokens to enable features or information about your current browsing session (e.g., IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, website usage, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data).
When you first visit the Platform or visit it after a longer period of time or browse our Website in a private (incognito) mode, you will see a cookie notice at the bottom of the window and be able to either accept all cookies or set cookie preferences, choosing the types of cookies you would like to have placed on your device. You can also, at any time, change cookie settings in the App by clicking Profile ▸ Cookie Settings or, if browsing our Website, by clicking Cookie Settings at the bottom of the page.
You can configure your browser to decline some or all cookies, or to ask for your permission before accepting them. Please note that by deleting cookies or disabling future cookies you may be unable to access certain areas or features of our Website. For more information on how to adjust or change your browser settings, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can deactivate the use of some of the third-party cookies by going to the deactivation page of the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
You can always activate/deactivate the use of third-party cookies for the purpose of ad personalization. Please see below for more information.
If you wish to deactivate cookies used by Google Analytics, Google AdSense or Google Remarketing services, please see below for more information.
If you use multiple devices to access our Platform (e.g., smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.) you must ensure that each browser is adapted to each device in accordance with your cookie preferences. If you adjust your cookie settings this will also affect the other websites you visit.
Please note that your consent/refusal with respect to personalized advertising on Vinted applies across all platforms (Android, iOS, Web, etc.).
Trackers on your mobile devices: you can switch off ad personalization in the App by clicking Profile ▸ Cookie Settings and switching relevant settings by unselecting your previously chosen cookie types.
Trackers in the web browser: you can refuse further tracking for ad personalization purposes by clicking Cookie Settings at the bottom of the page and unselecting relevant previously chosen cookie types. If you are not a registered user, withdrawal of your consent will be recorded by installing an opt-out cookie. This will prevent the future capture of your data for ad personalization purposes when you visit this Website. If you are a registered user, your decision to withdraw earlier consent to ad personalization will apply towards all Vinted platforms on all devices you may use. Please note that if you delete all cookies on a browser you use, an opt-out cookie used to record your choice will also be deleted. Moreover, your updated setting may take some time (until there is a refresh of an app) to take effect on mobile devices.
If you are visiting our Website via a browser for which the browser plug-in cannot be installed, you can further prevent the capture of data by Google Analytics by clicking here. This will release an opt-out cookie that prevents the future capture of your data when you visit this Website. Please note that if you remove all cookies that have been placed in your browser, the opt-out cookie will be deleted too.
For an overview of Google's data protection regulations, click here.