Vinted is the world’s biggest second-hand style marketplace. Our aim is to make second-hand first choice worldwide 🌎. Currently ~20 million people use our platform and Vinted’s Product Engineering teams are the ones who develop new features from start to finish and roll them out to all our members. This September Vinted has reached a major milestone - we’ve become self-sustainable while still growing really fast.
Vinted backend software engineers work in product engineering teams. These teams have all the main competences that are needed to ship new features to our members without outside help (cross-functional). Usually such teams have mobile platform developers (iOS, Android), Web developer and 1 or 2 backend software engineers. Backend software engineers are the ones who implement business logic and write APIs that our mobile and web platforms can use. Backend software engineers are also responsible for growing our backend platform to handle bigger scale.
Team Vinted is looking for a backend software engineer who’s skilled at writing elegant code and likes to work on big-scale projects. Your main aim will be preparing our product for the challenges that lie ahead and making sure it contributes to the Vinted vision of making second-hand the first choice. In this position, you will:
- Work in a team and shape the features to make our members’ life better.
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work.
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews (fun fact - our Head of Engineering still reviews every line of code via… pronto)
- Write unit tests (RSpec) for all of the code you write. We have >10000 tests which run in ~5 minutes through our Jenkins setup.
- See your code affect 20 million users almost instantly. Our master branch gets rolled out straight to production on each merge. We deploy many times per day.
- Work with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch and many more technologies.
- Craft the code which can handle more than 1M requests per minute. Monitor your deployed code through Kibana, Grafana, NewRelic and new tools that you will introduce :)
You should be willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts. We expect you to be familiar with most, and have deep knowledge in some (depending on your seniority) of the following disciplines: Software Engineering, Functional Programming, Data Structures, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Web Development, Systems Programming, Distributed Systems, Systems Architecture, Computer Science.
If this sounds interesting - you may well be just who we need. We’re looking for backend software engineers to join Vinted Product Engineering in their work. We have a few positions available and we are looking for specialists with varying experience - from mid to senior.
Salary range €1800 - €3700 net.
- Learning 📚 🎫 ✈️ budget (10% from gross salary)
- Ability to work remotely 🏡 🌴 🚢 up to 40% of the time
- 25 working days of holidays 🏝
- We buy all the tech 💻 🎧 ⌨ you need to do your job
- Daily breakfast and lunch 🍜 🌯 🥕 🍔 🍳 at Vinted Noise restaurant
- Budgets for ♕ 🍻 🎾 🥝 🍩 ⛸ 🎳 🎸 🎲 🎡 teambuildings
- Inhouse 🏋 gym
- Shop 👠 👕 ⌚️ @ Vinted budget
If you’re interested, contact us on email@example.com and we will be in touch with you.
Plus, take a look at engineering.vinted.com to see what we’re up to.