When does Vinted refund apply?
When you buy using the Buy now button, i.e. you pay through Vinted, you are covered by the Buyer protection.
In such a case, you can receive a refund if your order:
- Is significantly not as described, or
- Never arrives, or
- Is damaged in transit, or
- Is cancelled by Vinted, or
- Is manually cancelled by yourself or your seller
If an item you bought is simply not your style or doesn’t fit you, unfortunately, you cannot claim a refund. In this situation, you can try and speak with your seller regarding the return. Also, you can upload the item to your own Vinted wardrobe and sell it there.
Time frame to submit your claim
If you cancel your order, or it was cancelled either by your seller or by Vinted, you’ll be refunded automatically.
Otherwise, to claim a refund, you should press the I have an issue button within the following time frames:
- Within 2 days of your item being delivered if the item is significantly not as described or is damaged
- Within 2 days of the expected delivery date if the item hasn’t arrived
If you consider that you received an item which is significantly not as described and you’ve pressed the I have an issue button within the 2 days, we’ll keep your payment on hold while you contact the seller. Express your concern to them and they’ll most likely help you to resolve the issue.
If you agreed that you (the buyer) would finally keep the item, press the button Resolve this issue in your conversation thread with the seller and the payment will be released to them. However, if you can’t agree on a solution, please contact us, and we will step in and make the final decision on the case.
Please note: Your order will be completed and the payment will be automatically released to the seller if you miss the above-mentioned deadlines or if you hit the Everything is OK button within 2 days of the item’s delivery (even if the 2 days haven’t passed at the time you pressed the button).
Buyers cover the cost of the return postage unless you agree with your seller otherwise.
Returning an item
If you contact your seller and agree with them on a refund privately, you can both agree on a return date. As soon as the seller receives a valid tracking number of the return package, they can cancel the order and issue a refund to you.
If you couldn’t agree on a return with your seller, but after we review the case, it appears that you’re eligible to receive a refund, you'll have 5 days to return the item.
Important note: If you miss the 5-day deadline to return the item, your order will be completed, and the seller will receive the money.
Find out the steps you need to take for returning an item.
When you’ll receive your refund
You will receive your refund as follows:
- If you paid by credit card, you’ll receive your refund within 5 business days. If you paid via your Vinted Balance, you’ll be refunded in a few hours.
- If you paid by PayPal, you'll receive a refund to your PayPal account within an hour or so.
- If you made a partial payment from your Vinted Balance and paid the remaining amount by credit card, your refund will be made in the same way - part of the refund will be transferred to your Vinted Balance within 1 or 2 hours, and the remaining amount will go into your bank account within 5 business days.
- It may take up to 5 business days for the refund to appear in your bank account, depending on your bank.